Saturday, July 11, 2009

Bardstown

Yesterday was a rest day so I toured Bardstown. Bardstown is the second oldest city in Kentucky and also called the Bourbon capital of the South. Of course a tour of the city wouldn't be complete without a tour of the historic Tom Moore Distillery. So I caught the city trolley and imbibed my way around town. Also, there is a tasting room that offers a sampling of all the bourbon made in Kentucky. After the tour and tasting I wobbled over to My Old Kentucky Dinner Train and had a nice ribeye to settle my stomach. And a visit to Bardstown wouldn't be complete without a visit to My Old Kentucky Homesite. Since I still had wobbly legs I chose to ride in the horse carriage that circles the city for a small fee. I am not sure what type of horse it was but I think it had a stomach ache. Anyway, the home was the inspiration for Stephen Foster's song My Old Kentucky Home. Even though he was a Yankee and only visited the South one time he was inspired enough to pen that and others such as Old Susannah. After that tour I'd had enough. I didn't take pictures but I made a video of the days events. Hope you enjoy it.

7 comments:

  1. Papi, papi, papi... way to cut loose! I think that Kentucky burbon did a number on you, but I'm glad we could all enjoy it! I think you're dancing skills have improved, not that they were bad before, but Whoa, awesome set up and delivery... I think you should audition for "So You Think You Can Dance"... I love you D, you are almost there, hang tight, and hell, maybe buy a bit of that burbon to ease the pain for the rest of the ride! ...you make me feel like dancing, gonna dance the night away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich, Rich, Rich… You are definitely on the Hot Tamale Train tonight! Now I know without a doubt where my wife gets her groove from. Wow!! It’s great to see that you are almost done. I’ve already started the Elizabeth City chapter of your fan club and you have a good size following here in the swamp… We are all looking forward to seeing you here in just a few short weeks. Hang in there and know we are all with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After viewing the video, all I can say is "What courage!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marty said.... Bring me home a case of that stuff you drank. YOU LOOKED GREAT with all those moves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to know that my GF has the moves and can handle his booze! NICE ONE!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo, BikeMaster! Love the energy and fancy moves here. I am sending a $2 bill to your PayPal account. This video sets a new standard for blogging entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael Jackson is not dead!!! He has resurrected in your body! I look forward to seeing your face bleached!

    ReplyDelete