Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sitting Upright

Today marks three weeks since my encounter in Kentucky. This past week I didn't do very much except catch up on TV and eat. I am still taking some pain medicine but the pain has decreased considerably. Hopefully by the end of next week I'll be totally off pain pills all together. As for my recovery, I am disappointed that it is taking so long but I have reconciled myself to a slow recovery. But,I was able to do more this week than last. For example, I am now able to pick up something as heavy as a small pappillon which comes in handy several times each day. Also when rising from a prone position I can maneuver my body toward the right and swing around so I can get up without pain. And I've started taking short walks during the day and that has helped me both physically and mentally. I have always thought walking is one of the best exercises you can do and if you can walk you can be healthy. Even though I have been walking I haven't ventured out in public yet because I am still scared of being around crowds of people. The last thing I need at this point is a cold or flu or a quick jab in the ribs. I was lucky this weekend. In addition to Theresa I had my daughter Kristi to assist me. She is a good gofer and didn't complain one time when I asked her to freshen my glass of tea. I even sent her on a mission to replace my Ipod. I thought all along the only thing missing was my camera. Not so. I went through all my gear and discovered that my Ipod was gone. I hope whoever has it enjoys Baby Got Back. Anyway, I've replaced all my missing items and am on the way to recovery. My Air Force buds are planning a fall mancation and I'd like to participate even if I just drive the golf cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment