Monday, August 31, 2009

Alea iacta est




Ok, it is put up or shut up. The ribs are almost healed, I've been riding again and it's time to set the date to finish the trip. Therefore, Theresa and I will leave Marco on the 15Th and hopefully arrive in Kentucky the 17Th and I'll start biking again on the 18Th of September. As soon as I start biking I'll hit mountainous terrain, ugh, and up till now, I am still having trouble leaning forward and standing on the pedals. It will be a tough start given my layoff, but, I want to get over the Appalachians before winter arrives. I'll start slow and if it takes me longer to cover the miles, then so be it. In preparation for the return, I've trimmed some more gear and will drop the front panniers to decrease weight and wind resistance. Hopefully those changes will make the bike easier to maneuver in the hills. I am looking forward to continuing the trip because September and October will be a great time to be along the Blue Ridge, the colors should be spectacular.

1 comment:

  1. Papi-
    Make sure to fasten the "dog repellent" to your bike for easy access! I'm so glad you are getting back in the saddle to finish this thing. Here's a website to one more thing I think you should purchase for the rest of the journey, no biker should be without one!!

    www.3feetplease.com

    ReplyDelete