Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Decision Time


Every time I look at the weather in the NW I see rain mixed with snow. I thought for a while I'd just delay my departure till it warmed and the rain stopped but then I talked with Jean. Jean is one of my Marco ridding buddies who rode the Northern route across the US four years ago. Her ride was an all female group that was supported with a SAG wagon. They left Washington in June and she said it was still cold and rainy and would probably be that way no matter when I crossed the Cascades. Her final suggestion was "just deal with it". So, I've bought winter gear that I can ship home after crossing the Rockies and reconciled myself to the fact that there will be cold. Now, I am planning on departing for Florence, Or. on or about 28 April and start biking around 1 May. Cold or wind or constant heat, a lot of good choices.

1 comment:

  1. After reading this, you can certainly tell this guy is from Florida!!

    ReplyDelete