Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Delayed


Well, the best made plans should allow for flexibility. Some time ago when I first started flying South America routes, I was introduced to Ekos. Ekos is a brand of toiletries ie. shampoo, face cream, body oils, etc. all made in Brazil. The flight attendants were raving about the product line and suggested I take some home to Theresa. Ekos products, they said contained exotic oils only found in certain trees in the Brazilian rain forest. They went on to say the properties of the oils in the shampoo made hair soft and luxurious and left their hair with a glowing sheen. And as an added benefit all the products retained a hint of the aroma from the seeds that the oils were extracted. The seeds it seems are additives in the monkeys' diet in the Amazon basin. But the seeds have a faint hypnotic effect similar to the effect that wormwood used to have in 19Th century absinthe and acted as a mild aphrodisiac. Needless to say the monkeys were over running the small region where the trees grew.
Anyway, I brought some products home and Theresa loved them. As she gave some away the word some spread and I was carry way too much through customs so I decided to become an import/exporter. I applied for the license and a tourist visa in January expecting the process to take nine months. Monday I got the package back all approved but with one snag. It seems the visas are for two years but you have to take your first trip to Brazil within 90 days of the issue date. Therefore, I am going to delay me bike trip to the fall so I can get all arrangements made in Brazil.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to using more Ekos products!
    They're a girl's best friend.--Eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as the posting of your delay announcement is April Fool's Day, I thought maybe you were yanking my South American monkey pod. But, as there really is an Ekos website, and it really was written in some foreign language (I think they speak "south american" down there), I guess it is true. So, what does "Fall" mean date-wise? I think the Donner party delayed their departure too, so you might want to pack a few extra freeze-dried body parts.

    ReplyDelete