Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wyoming







Left Yellowstone and the weather was pretty good. I made it over Craig Pass and into Grand Teton National Park and the weather turned sour. I was able to get a few pictures of the Tetons but nothing like the Hallmark Cards you'd like to see. I rode about 55 miles and stopped at Colter Bay for the night. It was a great place, right across the lake from the Tetons, however the clouds prevented me from getting the Hallmark shot. I guess my daughter will have to get good photos of the Tetons when she and The Real Man visit later this year. Got up early this morning and was ready to go but it was raining and cold. Thought I'd wait till it stopped but at nine o'clock it was still coming down, so I pushed out. I left the park and headed toward Dubois and Togwotee Pass, my last big pass till Colorado. I had only gone about twenty miles and had a flat tire. Reminded me of Oregon. It was raining and cold but managed to get the tire changed in short order. Due to the late start, bad weather and flat tire I decided I couldn't make the Pass today. I stopped at Hatchet Resort run by Kristina. Great place with a beautiful view of the mountains and right at the beginning of the climb over the pass. Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be warmer but still raining. This is June, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. It's the mountains, dude--there is no June weather. Scenery looks spectacular--keep those pics coming. I think the worst part is behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rich, the pictures are great! Are you keeping a record of all the math problems you're creating for me on this trip? "Rich must outrun some buffalo. If he can ride his bike at ... and the buffalo can move at ........."

    ReplyDelete