Friday, September 11, 2009

Bright Side of the Road--V.M.


It's almost departure time....again. We still plan to depart on Tuesday and hopefully arriving in Kentucky sometime Wednesday. But, I have to say preparation this time has been a lot more difficult. I can't help but look back and think that this whole trip should be nothing more than a fond memory. Yet, here again I am trying to get mentally psyched to finish biking across America. When I left Bardstown I was in my top biking condition. Additionally, Bardstown was the first time that I admitted to myself that I would actually finish the trip. I guess I got over confident. Anyway, it has been two months since the fall and four broken ribs later I am literally starting anew. I have been biking, some, but without much enthusiasm. Also, I have packed and repacked my gear, trying to determine the best mix. I wanted to drop my front panniers and decrease the weight but I need the space. So, I guess I'll continue like I started the first time out. Hopefully, it won't take too long to get my mountain legs back. I had about three weeks to reach Yorktown but it may take me a little longer now. Sitting on the couch and eating ice cream has taken it's toll.

1 comment:

  1. Was it Yogi Berra who said "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."? Anyway, it's good advice...glad you decided to follow it. Keep the SPOTs and BLOGs coming...

    ReplyDelete