Wednesday, September 16, 2009

On the Road Again--W.N.

Theresa and I got on the road by 7:30 am yesterday and made it to Chattanooga, Tenn. before we called timeout. After a short nap and quick breakfast it was back on the road to Danville, Kentucky. Ah, Danville, sweet memories. Actually Danville is a very nice town with a lot of decent and caring people. For example, Mr and Mrs Delk and my roadside nurse Theresa Crow will always have my gratitude for their aide in July. Additionally, the ambulance and medical staff at Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center were totally professional and thorough. If you happen to be biking through Kentucky and break four ribs, don't worry, you'll be in good hands. Lastly, I have to thank Shai Marshall, General Manager of the Hampton Inn Danville. When she heard of my accident, she made a generous offer of a nights stay when and if I came back to Danville to resume my trip. Today I thought I'd just see how sincere that offer was....thank you Shai.. and the warm cookies are great! After we got settled in there was still some daylight remaining so Theresa and I went on a dog hunt. We drove Hwy 150 along the same route as I biked from Bardstown. Pepperspray in hand, I was ready to bolt from the car and open up a can of whiplash on two unsuspecting hounds. But, alas, time heals wounds and erases bad memories. I couldn't with certainty find the point of impact even after making two passes. That's probably a good thing since tomorrow I am going to start biking on Hwy 150 and ride back into Danville. After Danville I hope to make it to Berea which is about 40 miles away. Come on feet, don't fail me now.

2 comments:

  1. Bummer you couldn't find the hounds of the baskervilles. Even more, I wish you could have put the pepper spray in the owners face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty said,
    Rich, we are thrilled by the recovery you have made and now the return for the last phase of your BAA trip. Pat and I return to Marco on October 13 and look forward to greeting you there on your arrival at the end of the month.

    I liked reading that the good people you met and have been helpful so out-numbered the other kind.

    ReplyDelete