Monday, May 11, 2009

Prairie City



This blog will have to be short. I am sitting in Prairie City getting my legs ready for Dixie Pass. I slept last night in a campground just East of Mount Vernon. Beautiful night and best night camping so far. Tonight I'll be in a remote area but hopefully I'll be able to add more two days from now. I came through Picture Gorge where 50 to 80 centuries ago the prehistoric Indians painted pictures and symbols on the walls. They used some kind of resin that over time became part of the rock. More later now I have 2000 feet to climb in nine miles. I had pictures of the gorge but somehow I can't find them. Crap! Now I have to start all over again. Arrived in Austin Junction, one store=groceries, gas, and resturant and to my amazement wifi.
Tomorrow I have two passes to go over one at eight miles and the next at 22 miles. Legs burners for sure.

5 comments:

  1. I'll bet Evie will be excited about the LLama picture! Cynthia said to tell you her computer is in the shop (two weeks now). She will read your blog when she gets computer back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Rich. Just remember, what goes up must come down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any way you can fit that llama on your bike? Rambo (my llama) needs a friend.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot about this blog! Was just following your SPOTS and pics and personal emails. Am enjoying the ride along with you. BTW, what are "coasties?" (Kristi's comment)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have been checking the SPOTS and pics and forgot about the blog. Am enjoying the ride--wish I were there but the "picture" you paint on the blog does a great job.

    BTW, what are coasties? (Kristi's comment)

    ReplyDelete